A Flexible POS for the Cloud or Not.
The Mighty Ones
Mac POS. Windows POS. Cloud POS. Mobile POS.
Hey you! Are you wanting to go out and do something mighty?
Well of course you are! If you aren't, here's a little hint, "Take your boring goals and get lost. We're here to help world-changers."
PayGo has been helping small retailers with point-of-sale solutions for over 10 years. PayGo brings power, with a smile. But that's enough chatter. Let's go learn about PayGo!
Start Learning About PayGo Now.
|Learn About the Product||Learn About Our Customers||Learn About the Cloud|
|Need a Boutique Point of Sale?||Need a Consignment Point of Sale?||Need a Gift Shop Point of Sale?|
|Pet Shop/Boutique Owner?||Check Your Internet Speed||Get a Merchant Account. Fast!|
livechat software for business
We wanted to let you know that as of 10/15/2014, all support for PayGo SP Unlocked will expire.*
Why? As time goes by, technology advances and eventually it becomes harder and harder to support a product. Often, changes out of our control will affect our older products and make them obsolete.
To combat that, we continue to develop PayGo and now have a PayGo SP replacement that we call PayGo Solo.
It’s very similar to PayGo SP, but it’s running on the newest software and it has an updated look.
For the next seven days, we’re offering a 40% discount** for PayGo SP users who want to migrate to PayGo Solo.
If you’re interested, contact us by going here. We’ll work you up a quote immediately.
Learn more about PayGo Solo here.
* We understand that updating may be difficult for some retailers in the timeframe specified. If you need additional time, please contact us and request a support extension. We will work with you.
** The 40% Discount is a Limited Time Offer. This special applies to the purchase of the PayGo Solo and any Tech Time Hours. It cannot be used on recurring charges or service plans. Purchases made prior to 9/2/14 and after 9/7/14 will NOT be eligible for this promotion. This promotion cannot be used with any other PayGo promotion. We have the right to refuse any customer for any reason. Incentive availability may change at any time. Project development hours are limited. All purchase are final. PayGo Solo Terms of Service will apply.
The replace function is a powerful feature of FileMaker Pro (the software platform PayGo is designed on top of) that we have the capability to use. A basic summary of what it is useful for is when you want a field in an entire found set of records (for instance, when you search and get a list of customers) to be ‘replaced’ by other information in the entire set. You can replace the contents of a field in a few records, or in every record in the found set. An example of a time you may find the replace function useful is if, perhaps one of your employees consistently misspelled Chicago as Chicaga and you wanted to correct this in many records at once.
The feature itself can be incredibly powerful if used properly but is very dangerous because there is NO Undo!
This document will cover a basic replace. For more advanced replace operations we recommend you contact support for advice.
In this example, we will find a set of records in the Inventory database that we want to change the Department from one value to another on. Lets say from “Misc” to “Widgets”. They were probably all put into the wrong department and you want to mass-correct them, this is where Replace can come in handy if used properly.
IMPORTANT: To have the access privileges necessary to use this feature you must be logged in as a LEVEL 0 user account in PayGo.
Now, to try a sample of the replace feature (PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS ON YOUR LIVE DATABASES UNLESS YOU ARE AWARE OF THE REPERCUSSIONS!!!):
From the Main Menu (For our example):
1. Click “Find Inventory”
2. In the field for Department on the find screen, select a department from your drop down list. If you do not see it on the list, hit Escape to the pop-up and type the name you want in the field.
3. Run your find request and click the first record in the found set that comes up.
4. Click the “Department” field on this record – Pick the new department you want all records in this found set to have as their new department. Make sure your cursor stays in this field after selecting it – as this is important to make sure this field is the one you are replacing the contents of.
5. On the program’s menu, go to the “Records” menu, and select “Replace Field Contents”.
6. You will get a dialog box saying something similar to “Permanently replace the field contents of the field “[Field name you are replacing]” in the [number of found records] records of the found set. Below this it will say “Replace with ‘your new department name’.
7. Verify that everything looks OK to you, and Select “Replace”. WARNING: THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATA.
8. The program will cycle through all records in the current found set, replacing the Department field’s value with whatever new value you set this current record to.
9. You’re done.
Other Replace Options (Advanced Users Only)
In the dialog for replace there are two other options that are only for very advanced users of FileMaker Pro, they are listed below.
- A serialized number: Replace with serial numbers, and then type the starting value for the serial numbers in Initial value, and the incremental value in Increment by. If the field is defined to automatically enter a serial number, you can select Update serial number in Entry Options to reset the next value in the Options for Field dialog box.
- A calculated value: Replace with calculated result, and then click Specify. In the Specify Calculation dialog box, enter the calculation you want evaluated. (The result must match the field type of the replaced field.) Click OK.
We call it the PayGo Backup Checkup! But this checkup isn’t like one of those unpleasant doctor checkups… but it will save your health. Really! It will! We just want to make sure you have coverage in the event your computer dies, or a comet hits your store late at night. Let us check out your PayGo host computer to make sure it’s Backing Up your most important data.
Here’s the deal. You’re a busy person, and although you might have taken the time to setup a backup plan, you wouldn’t believe how many times we see people lose months if not years of data!!!
Why does this happen? Well, we have seen the following: Read the rest of this entry »
PayGo Solo allows you to easily post individual inventory items onto your Facebook Wall.
To do this, you need to do the following:
You should now be able to use the Facebook button on the Inventory Screen to post individual inventory to your Facebook wall.
PayGo is a cloud or on-premise retail point of sale and management solution for up-and-coming retailers. It tracks inventory, sales, orders, customers, gift cards, returns, loyalty programs and more. It works with POS hardware and it works on a Macintosh, iPad OR a PC.
First time here? Try a FREE Demo